Good morning from this side of Africa. It’s the 31st of December, New Year’s eve. How have you been?
These are my end of Year musings.
1. Do not despair. I know, I know. I also got about 5 of my 8 resolutions. Which is not a bad thing if you actually think about it. And the remaining three we shall carry forward.
2. Did you read those many books you said you were going to read? Travel to places you wished to go to? Listen to the music you wanted to? What have you done this year that makes it memorable?
3. I am the brokest CEO you’ll ever find but slowly by slowly we’ll get there.
4. I’ve loved hard and lost some but I keep moving forward.
5. Tabula rasa. Been a while since I heard or saw this word. Common in architecture during the end of the world War which meant a clean slate from which to build new countries and cities which were destroyed during the fighting. That and also the beginning of modern architecture in the 1920s.
6. Believe that you don’t know and maybe you’ll find out more. I am probably the dumbest dude around here.
7. Still looking for the solution to world peace. I still don’t know why humans are a violent bunch. Can’t we tolerate each other?
8. I want to be a rich billionaire philanthropist without the playboy part. Refer to 7.
9. I’ve learnt lessons from this year that going forward should be interesting. I like the going forward part.
10. Before the year ends, take time to reminisce on the bad and the good. And to those I hurt, disappointed or misled, I apologize. I will personally take what I did from those misdeeds and will better myself.
11. Uh. Speechless.
12. The year has been good to me. Spiritually, emotionally, physically and somewhat financially. I hope 2016 is good to me. New year, New me? Let’s roll.