Is it Christmas already? The year has played hop scotch on me. It feels like I was just penning down my resolutions at the beginning of the year. Anyway, while most people gear up for Christmas, I gear up for the most exciting time of my work season. Like Christmas shopping, my clients seem to want to spend an extra dime on their spaces. It is design galore for me this time of the year. I find my selfemployed self going long nights and busy days. I am pretty much excited.
Well, here are my 12 musings thus far.
1. Uhm, the year has ended. Feel free to ask yourself what you have achieved, don’t worry, I will wait.
2. Arrrgggghhhh. WORK! It does this to me sometimes.
3. If you are self employed, who exactly pays you a salary?
4. I am OLD!
5. I am broke.
6. Tomorrow will be a better day, I say the next day.
7. Don’t put all your fruits in one basket.
8. Being self employed is hard.
9. I was once asked by a client if I pray for all my work…yes, I do. God over everything else.
10. There’s a thin line between desperate and broke. Sometimes you have to say no, but yes, but no, but…there’s so many buts.
11. November flew by me.
12. How many districts in Uganda have you been to? Places? Regions? Have you travelled this year? I’ve been to Bulago and visited the pineapple bay. I was recently in Fort Portal. Damn, we do have a beautiful country.
12 and a half. I am glad that I’ve written at least twice each month this year. I am glad that you’ve taken time and read. I am glad that people are following albeit my mumblings are some what still amateurish.
These monthly musings are but a collection of thoughts, ideas and juxtapositions that have influenced my past month. Hope you like them.
Click here to share *hahahahahahahahahaha. Kidding.